The Next Big Idea
Comes From You
The Galant Center Challenge is a $250,000 "live fire" business plan pitch sponsored by The Galant Center for Entrepreneurship at the McIntire School of Commerce, the Entrepreneurship Group at U.Va., and presented in conjunction with the Tom Tom Founder's Festival. The Challenge is a forum in which real angel and venture capital investors who regularly invest in early-stage startups will evaluate live pitches and, if they like what they hear, potentially strike a deal with the student entrepreneurs for up to $250,000 in equity seed financing. Think "Shark Tank" for U.Va. students.
Let's be clear: This is NOT a business plan competition nor is it a "mock" pitch exercise for feedback. It is a REAL pitch event in which the finalist teams will be presenting to real investors of for the capital that they need to launch or grow their business. As such, there will be no "winner" awarded prize money. Instead, each team has a unique opportunity to inspire the investors in the room to write a check and invest real money for equity in their startup. In other words, IT’S GO TIME.
When: April 25th, 5PM
Where: Robertson Hall, Room 120, McIntire School of Commerce
Eligibility: The Galant Center Challenge is open to teams of between 1 and 5 students from UVA undergraduate or graduate programs. Teams are encouraged to include at least one McIntire undergraduate or graduate student.
- Submit your Business Plan and PowerPoint pitch by 11:59 PM Friday, March 22nd, 2013.
- Semifinalists will be announced Friday, April 5, 2013.
- Ten semifinalists will present Sunday, April 14th at Tom Tom Founder's Festival.
- Three Finalists will be chosen at the semifinals; two by the judges and one by the audience.
- Finalists will pitch real investors at the Galant Center Challenge Finals on April 25th 2013 at 5PM in RRH 120. Reception to follow.
Submit your plan via email to firstname.lastname@example.org